Ma ~ Time

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Last Airbender ~ just makes me... SAD!!!!

Managed to watch "The Last Airbender" before puasa...
I've been wanting to watch this movie because it is my favourite cartoon/anime.
I've been translating "Avatar: The Last Airbender" for 2 seasons when working as subtitle translator...

Hmm...
First time watching the trailer... my thoughts... "might be sumthin good to watch the adaptation... but worried too"...
Because it's cartoon... 3 seasons... how a movie could compress all 'em... I mean... will M. Night Shymalan able to do some miracles with my beloved "Avatar"?
Huhuhu...

Using the new acts... definitely GOOD... but risky... don't u think?
And I'm not trying to be racist or what so ever people might thought...

"Avatar is set in an Asian-influenced world of Chinese martial arts and elemental manipulation. The show drew on elements from traditional Asian culture, blending the styles of anime and US domestic cartoons"

But, when in the movie...
It's just weird seeing & watching "others" being Zuko? Zhao? Ozai?
Lainlah karakter dalam movie tu Ravi ke, Chandran ke... get it?

I'm confused with the actor & actress... to relate the movie that have background more to Chinese influences?
Don't get me wrong... some of the others actors that using white man also...
Just not sooo blend with the characters like Sokka, the Waterbender tribe...

Watching Airbender... just like watching the Power Rangers series... or might be Kamen Rider...
Ha ha ha...
Da feels not there...
But I do salutes the kid who acts as Aang...
At least, sumthin for the movie...

The effects... consider as... O...K...
But definitely can't beat LOTR or Narnia...
Although this movie.. i mean.. this kind of story would give some hope n impact...

I guess the director just failed... to present sumthin that just as good as The Sign, Sixth Sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment

NuffNang Ads

NuffNang Ads