Ma ~ Time

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Those days... as Subtitle Translator



Managed to watch "Private Practice" just now at ntv7 (every Saturday, 11pm)...
I just loved da red hair doc ~  Dr Addison Montgomery...
So sexy & hottt... heh!


Well... besides "Private Practice", I'm also a big fan of Criminal Minds & Ghost Whistperers
But... for Criminal Minds is on Monday nite... 
I guess... I need to let go that series since I've got training with FC Blonde... sob sob sob...

It's all starts with "Charmed"... da 3 witches sisters (I adores Prue Haliwell - Shannen Doherty)
Then, when da series stopped... had a chance to watch "Gilmore Girls"


After working for 2 ½ years as Creative Writer for Starz­™ with GempakStarz, 
I got a chance to work with Berjaya HVN Sdn Bhd as Subtitle Translator...

Never thought that I'm gonna be da person who's goin to translate those scripts that always IRATE  me when watchin any movies, tv series...

I'm not sayin I'm good or I got the perfect English... 
I still use DICTIONARY, URBAN DICTIONARY, Dewan Bahasa Pustaka. 
And guess what, I still keep in touch with my Bahasa Malaysia's teacher (my form 3 teacher), Pn Lee Sai Fa (she's a wife to Lim Swee Tin, the one & only penyajak bukan Melayu)

But, when it comes to translate something that got to do with Bahasa Malaysia, you'll definitely need someone who's not translate in a "DIRECT TRANSLATION"

Bare in mind... there's is no a such SOFTWARE that able to translate our Bahasa Malaysia PERFECTLY. You still need HUMAN a.k.a TRANSLATOR and not a COMPUTER to get the CORRECT TRANSLATION.

I still remember... the first movie that I had to translate... which is "Smokin' Aces" - starred Alicia Keys. It is tough & challenge coz dat time... there's a line of dialogue that been argued between me & the manager of product & sales... but end up with me won coz da script itself more likely to use the urban slang... and if u don't watch it from da very beginning... u'll definitely LOST & don't know what the hell dat dey are talkin' bout...

Being a Subtitle Translator... allows me to watch almost the latest movies, tv series, cartoon...

But my translation is used for DVD that produced & packaged by Berjaya HVN Sdn Bhd...
So, don't BLAME me if you saw some INCORRECT translation that you watch in cinemas or TV

Desperate Housewives, Criminal Minds, Ghost Whisperers, Brothers & Sisters, Private Practice, Grey Anatomy, House, Eureka, SpongeBob, Barney, Bob The Builder, The Avatar and the list go on and on...
Those I mentioned... are the list that I do watch these days...
Oh... how I MISS 'em so much...

And it's soooooooooooo HURTFUL readin' those TRANSLATIONS...
I mean come on lah... it's not dat tough... but yet, if you really enjoy it... DEFINITELY it's goin to be SUPERBBBB...
People gonna remember... appreciate it!

Same goes to movie... oh god! How I wish I'm doin the translation...
Seriously!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NuffNang Ads

NuffNang Ads